The Academy holds the Healthy School Accreditation. This ensures health education is an integral part of the academy curriculum and that the wider community is involved in its planning, implementation, evaluation and celebration.
As an a Academy we promote physical and emotional health by providing accessible and relevant information that equips pupils with the understanding, skills and attitudes to make informed decisions about their health. The academy understands the importance of investing in health to help pupils do their best, raise levels of achievement and improve standards.
Sodexo Return to School in September 2020 please click on the following links for more information
For the safeguarding of our students, all students from years 7-11 will be expected to stay on Academy premises over the lunchtime period.
The Academy also now has its own new healthy eating canteen supported by the School Food Plan. Click here for more details.
A renewed partnership between Oasis and Sodexo is to achieve the Silver Award in Healthy food status - for more details click here
For information on how you can pay for your child's Academy lunches please see our Parent Pay page.
Applying for Free School Meals
Free school meals are for children who:
- live in the city of Salford (the area covered by Salford City Council); and
- go to school (not a day nursery or children's centre)in Greater Manchester (Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford or Wigan)
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Universal credit (not working)
- Universal credit (working and net earnings are less than £7,400 per year)
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit Run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- If you get support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
If you think you may be eligible to claim free school meals please click here or call 0161 909 6508 to get a claim form. Please remember that you will periodically need to re-apply.