Looked After Children
Caring for Looked After Children (LAC) and Ex-LAC
Some of our students are, or have been cared for by their local authority. We are committed to ensure that these students have access to all the opportunities available to other students, and that they are able to flourish at our academy.
We follow Salford City Council’s promise to looked after children and care leavers which you can read on their website.
- If you would like to know more about our care for looked after children, please contact:
Designated Teacher for LAC Paul McEvoy
Paul.McEvoy@oasismediacityuk.org 0161 886 6500
Deputy Designated Person for LAC Alison Pears
firstname.lastname@example.org 0161 886 6500
Oasis Academy MediacityUK Promise to Children in Care and Children Previously in Care
The Promise is our pledge to children in care that we will listen to them, help and support them.
We will empower children, young people and staff to make sure an excellent service is provided for all.
- We promise our admissions policy will give you priority
- We promise to listen to you and involve you in any decisions about your education
- We promise to help you feel safe, settled and feel a sense of belonging
- We promise to support and encourage you to help you manage feelings by providing provision for your emotional wellbeing and also help you develop a healthy lifestyle
- We promise to work closely with your social worker and carer
- We promise to help you develop the skills you need to build your future beyond care
- We promise to explain complicated terms and abbreviations that may not be easy to understand