SEND Support During COVID-19
SEND Support during COVID-19
- Risk Assessments for EHCP students have been created, are reviewed twice per half term and sent to the Local Authority (LA).
- Updates to LA resources and support services are signposted on the school website. Individual communication is sent where appropriate.
- Contact made to EHCP and high need students prior to closure, to ascertain hardware/software and internet capabilities.
- Carers have been given SENCO email and contact number.
- School devices have been given out or re-mapped for remote access and prioritised for EHCP/SEND pupils, where necessary.
- Learning Support Assistants (LSA) assigned to EHCP and high level SEND students as key contact.
- Weekly welfare checks with carer and child. Logged on safeguarding site (CPOMS).
- LSAs attend online lesson and then provide additional 1:1/small group online support sessions via Teams.
- Teachers are delivering to normal timetabled classes, so assigned tasks are being differentiated for SEND students.
- Where necessary, LSAs are modifying tasks set by teacher and transcribing pupil work.
- Weekly line management with the SEND staff ensures constant review of SEND support and feedback, regarding online lessons. This is then shared with the Academy Leadership Team (ALT).
- We are also continuing with counselling sessions and EAL support/intervention through Microsoft Teams.
- The SEND staff are also completing additional CPD around online learning and supporting SEND remotely.
- The SENCO will be in contact with students and carers who are due to complete their EHCP annual review. These will be conducted via telephone or video conferencing.
As a parent of a SEND child, you may be eligible to apply for a grant which will help support the home learning of your child.
The government has set up an emergency £10 million fund to help around 19,000 children with special education needs with home education. The funding provides grants typically worth £400 to £500 to low-income families with seriously ill or disabled children to help with the cost of equipment, good or services.
Please follow the links below for more information.
Should you wish to discuss you individual circumstances, please do not hesitate to get in contact with Mrs Bailey via email: Kirsty.email@example.com